At Sprout, we offer a variety of testing to better diagnose, monitor, and treat your concerns. Our practitioners will carefully choose and recommend the most appropriate lab tests pertinent to your specific case.
For any test requiring a blood sample, your practitioner will provide you with a requisition which you will then take to an external lab. Your results will be sent directly to your practitioner for review. Other tests may be performed at home with a testing kit and then are shipped to the appropriate laboratory with prepaid postage. These tests may include samples such as saliva or urine.
Below is a list of some of the tests available through Sprout Wellness Clinic. For more details, please book an appointment with Dr. Chanel Cressman, ND or Andrea Hauser, Hom.
Common Naturopathic Tests
- Comprehensive Thyroid Panel: this blood test can help diagnose or monitor thyroid function
- Comprehensive Salivary Hormone Panel: this panel provides an excellent overview of sex hormones and helps highlight any imbalances that may exist
- Comprehensive Salivary Cortisol Panel: this panel can help diagnose or monitor adrenal function, including symptoms of fatigue or mood changes
Food Sensitivity Testing
- Comprehensive Food Sensitivity Panel: options for either a finger-prick sample or blood draw sample, are available. This test can demonstrate the body’s inflammatory response to specific foods
Nutritional Diagnostic Testing
- Comprehensive Iron Panel: blood tests included in this panel can indicate abnormalities in the body’s iron stores
- Amino Acid Panel: amino acids play an important role in energy production, neurotransmitter function and metabolic function. Tests included in this panel assess neurological and metabolic function
- Mineral Hair Analysis: Hair can be used to gather information about heavy metal toxicity and nutrient/mineral levels in the body
Common Homeopathic Tests
- 7 Gene Test: This test determines how the body responds to vitamin C, folate, whole grains, omega-3 fat, sodium and caffeine
- NGx Gluten Test: This test determines if you have low, medium or high risk of gluten intolerance and provides a personalized nutrition report complete with recommendations and various resources
- Combined panel: includes seven genetic markers plus 6 variations of the HLA gene region (gluten test)
- 40 Gene Test: A comprehensive panel that includes the body’s nutrient metabolism, cardiometabolic function, weight management precursors, fitness and eating habits, as well as food intolerances for lactose and gluten.
Toxicity and Environmental Exposure Testing
- Heavy Metal Testing (HMT): This test assesses for the presence of 8 toxic heavy metals: cadmium, cobalt, lead, manganese, mercury, nickel and zinc. It is a very useful preliminary, non-quantitative test to detect the presence of metals in the body or determine if amalgam dental fillings are leaking mercury
- Specific HMT: a quantitative test for specific heavy metals, that gives results in parts per million
- Free Radical Test: this kit will assess the free radical activity in the body. It checks for the presence of Malondialdehyde (MDA) which is the most prevalent by-product of lipid peroxidation and is an indication of free radical activity. Excessive free radical activity has been linked to causes of many degenerative diseases from gene mutation
- Koenigsburg Test: this is an in-house urine test that will assess adrenal stress or general stress on the body